question

kdagley avatar image
kdagley asked

Ve.Bus Warning Overload L1 as air conditioning starts.

Should I worry? I assume this is due to compressor inrush current. The Webasto BlueCool unit cycles at about 50% duty cycle every 6 minutes and uses 13A at 230V continuous. The warning clears after 20 seconds and only happens maybe a dozen times a day with no noticeable negative effects. Power Assist is set at 14A and comes on every cycle since the background load is usually 2-8 amps. This is on a parallel Multiplus system with two 12/1600/70 so there should be 6000W (26A) plus the 14A from shore power for inrush (40A total). I have Boost Factor set to 1.3 and UPS and Dynamic Current Limiter off as supposedly required for my Panda generator (not using generator right now as I am on shore power).

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerpowerassistwarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

Yeah. It's just a warning. If you know what the load is that's causing it, and you're not seeing shutdown, I think you're fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.