question

wingphil avatar image
wingphil asked

Phoenix smart/compact/multi

Hi

I am looking for a new inverter, it’s for a motorhome. I had a domestic 1600 installed but it has died- ironically when ther was no current drain….

I have three candidates, a phoenix smart inverter.

A phoenix compact and a multi. All 1600-2000.

Now all seem to indicate the same performance.

Apart fro the multi having a switch and battery charger, what would be the relative advantages and disadvantages of each.

I think the smart is low frequency, the others high. But what does this mean in real world terms. Which would run at full power longer, which is more reliable?

Both the first two have ac input protection, does this mean you could wire from motorhome input socket to both distribution network and the inverter? Ie turn inverter on when no connection but not needing a manual switch in the ac line to disconnect inverter when on shore power?

Max power needed 1400w (halogen oven- so intermittent high power use, or Dometic b2200 air con which uses 1000w). Small charger already in place. As are solar cells and mppt to charge lifepo4 batts.

I want to make an intelligent decision, so would like to know more about each before I do.

Thanks

Phoenix Invertermultipluss ii
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

go for a multiplus II 3000/120 this will cover all your needs and its a charger as well when connected to the mains. the extra capacity will never go astray.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic