question

bodizzy avatar image
bodizzy asked

Help installing Smart Charger 12V/10A

Hello,

I have (3) 100ah battleborn lifepo4 batteries connected in parallel in my campervan. The batteries are grounded to my van's chassis. I am trying to install the victron smart charger to charge my battery bank. I assumed I could just connect the clamps to the positive and negative terminals on the battery and set it to charge. However, I am getting very confused by the manual stating I need to connect the negative to the chassis away from the battery. Is this necessary? Can I just connect the negative to the negative terminal that's directly connected to the chassis already?

The way my van is set up, I can't easily access the chassis with the cord provided.

This is a 12V/10A IP65 charger by Victron.

battery chargingcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
sockeye avatar image
sockeye answered ·

Yes, just connect the leads to positive and negative on the battery. If you look at the quick start guide in the manual, step 1 says connect charger to battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bodizzy avatar image
bodizzy answered ·

SOLVED: I connected the red (positive) to the battery terminal and the black (negative) to the LOAD side of my smart shunt. This is working wonderfully.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic