question

Danie van der Merwe avatar image
Danie van der Merwe asked

Battery time left projection

I recently upgraded my Victron MultiPlus to a MultiPlus II with a SmartSolat charge controller and grid meter. My previous setup had a BMV attached but the installer said it was "no longer necessary". But the BMV connected to the Colour Control GX used to give a nice estimate of battery time left based on current instant usage.

Yes, I realise that projection is very rough as consumption varies and batteries don't discharge evenly, but I liked it.

What I want to know is:

1. Should I just reconnect my old BMV device?

2. Any chance of the Colour Control GX having a rough capacity/amps calculation added to the battery icon on the display to show estimated time left?

BMV Battery Monitorbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I would personally reconnect the BMV and use that as the master - as it physically measures the current flow in/out and has more flexibility with configuration, it would be more accurate than the Multiplus internal battery monitor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic