question

Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence asked

AC Coupled Fronius Gen24 Single Phase Reporting as Dual Phase on GX

Commissioned a Gen 24 Sinlge Phase 5kw on the AC out of a Victron Multiplus last week and when it first showed up on the Victron system it was displaying as a Tauro before I turned the Modbus TCP on in the Victron Services menu.

Now it is showing production on two phases. Definitely only one phase. It is a 3 phase home. We have the Victron ESS system on one phase using a single phase ET112-1 meter.

Both the GX and the Fronius are connected to the LAN via a Network Switch. The Fronius is also connected to Solar.Web and displaying there fine.

Bay Gen 24 single phase inverter that thinks its 2 phase.pdf

Anyone got any ideas?

AC PV CouplingFroniusgen24
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

Bay Gen 24 single phase inverter that thinks its 2 phase_Resolved.pdf

Fixed it myself. In the PV Inverter setup on the GX, the Inverter was displaying as "Multiphase" and we couldn't get into this menu to change it like i could on other AC coupled sites i have.

A re boot of the GX didn't resolve it, but a re boot of the Fronius seems to have resolved it.

I now have access to the menu and have changed it to L1 and it is operating fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi Guy and All.

DPA has two customers that have the same issue and both have read this link and tried power cycling the GEN24, firmware updates, and all other items checked and double checked but this has not solved the issue.

Keen to get any more thoughts.

David

2 |3000

dhuey avatar image
dhuey answered ·

Hey Guys

I managed to work out a fix,

So, if you added the Gen24 without enabling the modbus TCP the GX associates the Gen24 as a multiphase inverter. Even if you then turn the Modbus TCP on it still thinks it is multiphase because it has associated that inverters serial number with multiphase.

To fix it I factory reset the Cerbo GX following this process.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/reset-to-factory-defaults-procedure.html

You can then re scan for PV inverters and it found it as the correct Gen24 primo 5kw

Hope this helps someone else.

2 |3000

force-1 avatar image
force-1 answered ·

For me it resolved after some time after I enabled Modbus TCP on my Gen24 Primo.

Initially I only had Solar API enabled and all was worked fine. After I enabled Modbus TCP, the device showed-up as 'Multiphase' (with two phase). The setting was not editable.

After reboot and waiting for a while (~8h) the setting for Multiphase became editable and I was able to set it to single phase.

I discoved this directly before I planned to make a factory reset. ;-)

2 |3000