question

valley-wireless avatar image
valley-wireless Suspended asked

Easysolar not using PV input, only grid

I have recently installed an Easysolar II GX to power our village hall in case of a power outage event. I have an AC grid connection and solar PV. I would like to prioritise solar over grid power whenever possible, so have enabled sustain mode in veconfig. This worked perfectly for 7 days, powering DC loads off solar during the day once both mains charger and smartsolar were at float, and running off battery at night, only drawing a few watts off the grid. Now the grid is powering everything and solar is totally ignored. What has happened as the Easysolar is not proirising PV anymore. I have the up to date firmware, any advice would be welcome. I have not configured anything in the ESS or DVCC as not feeding power back to grid. Thanks

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-Onesmart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Valley Wireless

Sustain works to charge the battery priority from solar. Running loads off grid means you do want an ESS system, or an AC ignore system.

We are not feeding back to grid but use ESS since we have a fixed connection. Are there regulations that prevent you from using ESS?

The other option is to set the input current limit down as far as you can. Then loads above that will be run by the solar/inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.