question

urstanner avatar image
urstanner asked

Raymarine MFD integration "no hardware found"

Good morning

We are getting an error from the Victron app called "no hardware found".

We have a CERBO GX, that is connected to a normal internet router / hub. On the same hub, we have connected an AXIOM 12+ with Lighthouse 4 operating system. We are not using a Raymarine HS5 switch.

We have configured the Cerbo with the necessary settings (ModBus TCP = enabled), MQTT on LAN (SSL) = enabled, MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) = enabled.

Physical network connections are OK (green light on router's port).

A few questions:
- Is a connection to a HS5 required?
- Any idea how we can debug this problem?

Thanks for your help

cerbo gxmarine mfd appraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@urs.tanner

I've no personal experience with Raymarine, but there's some highlighted 'Notes' in here which are probably relevant.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-app.html#UUID-906e773b-f29c-2b77-56a8-d9ade87cc418

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drlykke avatar image
drlykke answered ·

Hi @urs.tanner

Don't know if it's relevant in your case. But I have had som issues connecting an AXIOM 12 with two AXIOM 7 via Ethernet. I also went for a standard switch, instead of the HS5. First, I tried with a 1GB switch, and it would not work. Kept dropping the connection. I then installed a 100MBIT switch instead, and it worked.

So perhaps that's worth a try...

PS. Maybe you can debug with a crossed LAN cable directly between the units...

2 |3000

Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi @urs.tanner how did you go with your install? Integrating the CerboGX on a Raymarine network without loosing internet connectivity for the Cerbo is a bit tricky. Happy to help.

2 |3000

Related Resources