question

Paul Adams avatar image
Paul Adams asked

need troubleshooter for victron orion-tr smart 12/12-30 isolated

A company installed my Victron Orion-tr smart 12/12-30 isolated along with a Battle Born and some stereo equipment under the seat of my Sprinter van. It never worked right, and I have had someone look at it twice. First time, he said it was installed backward. Worked for a day or so. Then no led lights. Second time, he found blown fuse on van battery. That worked except my Victron monitor did not work. Now....four days later... the green power led is blinking. I need HELP, PLEASE. Looking for a expert who can knock this worry off my shoulder.

orion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Paul Adams

It starts with - was it installed according to recommendations? See the manual.

Then what are the settings for the battery it is charging etc? Is it correct for that? Check using the app.

What does the app say, is there an error message? If it is the smart Orion then you can connect to it and it will tell you what is going on. BT pin should be on the side of the item or be the standard 00000.

You can even enable BT instant readout to see what it is doing.

There is a troubleshooting section in the manual.

For us to help you here we need more install details, pictures fusing and cable sizing etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul Adams avatar image
Paul Adams answered ·

I really appreciate your response. I greatly admire people with such rich knowledge of batteries and electronics. However, I myself can't make any sense out battery readings. I have the Bluetooth app, but it is Greek to me. A Victron installer worked on my system the last two times, but even then it has failed to work properly. Now what I need is an overall auto electrician to check the entire system, including how the stereo shop set it up in the first place. Please, anyone, point me to someone in Central California or a reasonable drive away who could cure my misery. :(

2 |3000

Related Resources