question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

MultiPlus-II 24/5000 in mode charger not working

Good morning,

in a previously post I had a problem wurh the MultiPlus-II2 4/5000 while in "On" mode and connecting a 2500W Generator, which generally works fine (support 2200W without any problems) but it has problems stabilizing the frequency abd oscillate 50-56Hz.

I have just rewired my MultiPlus-II 24/5000 and a spare Phoenix 24/375 that the circulation pumps of my heating system can continue.

Then I switched the MultiPlus-II 24/5000 into "Charger" mode, but it does not accept this creepy AC input. Not even if i set "week AC input".

Any ideas?

Currently I use a LEAB ABC2430 and an Invacare 24/8 charger in parallel, but this is only a temporary solution. I consider to buy a Skylla-TG 24/100 set it to 30,6V with Voltage sense and simply regulate the charging current accordenly to the used Generator, but currently I do not have the financial power to buy a 2000€ charger...

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Michelle Konzack

The only way is to fix the frequency oscillation. Is it an avr based one or one of the ones that uses a capacitor on the regulator? Sometimes changing that fixes it.

To test if the frequency shift on the generator is load related switch off all loads and see if the MP accepts it then.

Have you tried a really low AC Input limit?

Switched off all pumps and sudden draw loads?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Michelle Konzack answered ·

It is AVR based.

The SDMO HX6000 was working excelent and this without AVR.

Yes, loads are off, ACin is limited to 6,2A but in the ColorControl GX I see even without load, the Generator shifting the Frequency and the MultiPlus-II tries to adapt but failed.

I was really thinking, of I am on "Charger only" mode, the MultiPlus would be a little bit more tolerant with the Frequency, because the MultiPlus-II is currently my only optipn to get the batteries charged to 29,6V and also with 30,6V Equalized which is VERY important in the winter.

And as I sayed, buying a Skylla-TG 24/100 is currently no option. I do not know yet, where I can get in Estonia an Alternator 24V/200-280A with external regulator since i need the 30,6V but if anyone has clue, i am open for suggestions.

I can use as engine the one from my Berlingo 2001, which will provably not more pass the technical controll in February 2024, but the engine (Diesel, 58kW, no Injectipn/Turbo) is working perfect and very economic and support also kitchenoil as fuel. And since i upgrade my batteries from 70kWh to 175kWh it make sense to use a DC generator

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack answered ·

Now I have tried everything eith my MultiPlus-I 24/5000...

I have last night cooled down my 240l fridge to nearly 0°C and my 320l freezer to -32°C to test again the MultiPlus-II 24/5000 in charger only modus (with the switch on the bottom) but even this does not work. I have connected the circulation pumps of ny wood heating system to my Phoenix 24/375 and at least this is working.

The sinus curve of the BS3599 is OK, the Voltagebis around 235-238V and the rated continious power is 2500W. The MultiPlus is limited to 6,2A input current which is roughly 1460W, hence under the 2/3 rule.

However, even in charger only mode, the MultiPlus-II 24/5000 refuse to operate with a input frequencyvof 48-56Hz, even if i have setup to accept wide input frequency of 45-65Hz.

What can I do more?

2 |3000