question

Jonathan avatar image
Jonathan asked

Cerbo GX Relay Output

I would like to confirm that it is possible to use the CerboGX relay outputs to power two small silicon heating pads to be used to heat 2 x 200Ah Victron Lithium batteries during the winter.

Relay #1 would power (2) silicon heating pads (one under each battery) via CerboGX temperature input (1). While relay #2 would power (2) additional silicon heating pads (again one under each battery) using CerboGX temperature input (2). The idea is that one relay output would close at temperature (1) and if the temperature continued to drop the second relay output would close based upon temperature (2). Each silicon heating pad is 25W (12V, 2.1A). So each CerboGX relay could potentially need to power 2 heating pads simultaneously.

this seems feasible based upon my understanding of CerboGX relay output maximum per the manual of “the voltage and current limits of the relays, which are: DC up to 30VDC: 6A - DC up to 70VDC: 1A - AC: 6A, 125VAC”

Has anyone done something similar and/or confirm if my plan is possible and safe to do? Thanks!

cerbo gxRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

No. The relays provide no power whatsoever. They merely open or close allowing current to flow.

Thus, you need to supply a separate 12V source to power the pads provided you don't pass more than 6A through either relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources