question

footswitch avatar image
footswitch asked

VRM Loss of mains warning in My installations list

Hi there, (this is regarding installation ID 54661)

Yesterday I changed an installation entirely, and migrated the VRM installation (used the "replace the GX device" option), and now there is a Loss of mains warning stuck in My installations list in VRM.

I don't see the error anywhere else (it's not an active alarm that I can clear), it's only in that My installations list, and it's just a red warning on the Grid consumption of this installation; it shows the grid power and is labeled Loss of mains:

1693857437976.png

I tried to the best of my abilities rule out any possible causes: reviewed the device list, disabled and re-enabled alarm options, disconnected AC in to cycle the alarm status, and so on.

My current problem looks similar to the one below, but that was before v2.60, and before we were able to clear active alarms:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/60290/vrm-grid-lost-alarm-will-not-clear.html

What am I missing? ...

Thanks in advance for your insight. Cheers

VRM
1693857437976.png (9.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @footswitch,

I've asked someone from the VRM team to have a look at your installation.

Thanks for the report.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

footswitch avatar image footswitch commented ·
Hi, just letting you know that after a couple of days, nothing changed. Still the same "red box"
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi there, sorry to bother, still nothing?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

Did someone manage to take a look at this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ footswitch commented ·
Apologies, I have just followed it up again. Hopefully escalated quickly now.
1 Like 1 ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager), it's me again. Can I help you with anything? If you want me to make any changes please feel free to ask. Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, once again still asking about this. Should I create some kind of support ticket somewhere else?
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ footswitch commented ·
Hi @footswitch - no, there is nothing else for you to do, the (unique) issue is already in the hands of the only people who are able to resolve it.

I will bump it for them again, and ask for some more info about the delay is resolving it.

It’s for sure an edge case situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

The reason for this error showing is that there's a "ghost inverter" reported which has the grid lost alarm with id 275 and last timestamp on Sept 4th.

The issue is why that device is still shown and the team is not sure yet -> it's not in the device list nor shown elsewhere on the installation.

Normally this shouldn’t happen, and the team is being very careful to understand why it is before “brute forcing” the situation in case there are unintended consequences.

I’ve just reminded them that you’re still waiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
footswitch avatar image
footswitch answered ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , yes it probably relates to the old inverter; when that happened, I believe we deleted the old entities.

Maybe I can shine a light on this: We had a Multiplus-II GX (embedded Venus), and then made the move to a Quattro + Venus. So it wasn't just the Venus being replaced, but also the inverter. This new combination replaced the old installation entirely. I don't remember exactly but I think I deleted the old inverter entity.

(Note: I can see that finally you have cleared the "error", thank you)

2 |3000