question

tochal avatar image
tochal asked

smart shunt stops invertier

Hi,

in my system, when the state of charge reaches 40% ( measured by Victron Shunt), invertor (Multi plus 3000) stops and goes to idle mode, although the battery voltage is still high enough, lets say 52 volt in a ( 16 Cell lifepo4 ). If I change the state of charge manually to (for example) 60%, then it starts again,

in my shunt setting, charged voltage is 56 Volt and discharge floor is 10%. Can you please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

My first thought is one or more of the settings are incorrect. Have you gone through the trouble shooting steps in the user manual? If you don't have a manual one can be downloaded from here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/manuals#item=manuals-smartshunt

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tochal avatar image tochal commented ·
HI, thanks for the Answer,

actually the setting is correct. there are not many parameters and i did it already according to the manual. problem should be something else

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tochal

Is the smart shunt connected to the inverter through a GX?

If it is not, then the inverter itself is shutting down or is programmed to shut down on the voltage or the SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

tochal avatar image tochal commented ·
HI Alexandra, thank for the answer,

yes it is connected through a Cerbo Gx to a Multipuls ||

0 Likes 0 ·
tochal avatar image
tochal answered ·

i found the answer my self.

for those who probably have the same question/ problem , here you are :)

actually this is not a problem, this is a feature and is called BatteryLife which you can activate/ deactivate it .

The BatteryLife feature prevents a harmful 'low battery state-of-charge' from being allowed to continue for an extended period of time. For example in winter, if there is insufficient PV power available to replace the stored battery energy which is consumed every day, without the BatteryLife feature the battery SoC will fall to its low-limit and stay at or near that level - continually failing to become fully-charged.

BatteryLife tries to ensure that the battery will always be recharged to 100% SoC - every day. This is how it works:

During periods of poor weather when solar energy is reduced, BatteryLife will dynamically raise the Low SoC limit which has been set. This has the effect of making less power available for consumption. It raises this level by 5% each day until the energy which the system draws from the batteries during a 24hr period matches the energy being replaced. The aim is for the battery to operate at or near 100% SoC.

When weather conditions change, and more solar energy becomes available, the system will once again lower the Low SoC limit, day by day, making more battery capacity available for use (it will eventually return to the user-preset limit) - whilst still ensuring that the battery SoC ends each day at or close to 100%.

reference :

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/controlling-depth-of-discharge.html

2 |3000