question

striker avatar image
striker asked

Smart Battery Sense shows 15.0 Degre

Hello,

I have installed Smart Battery Sense as intended. It sticks to the battery (100Ah LiFePo4). I have created a VE.Network with the Smart Solar MPPT and integrated both devices into it. The voltage and temperature are displayed in both devices in the VE Energy app. However, the temperature has remained at 15.0 degrees since installation. The room temperature changes from approx. 8 to 20 degrees.

This seems strange to me. I have disconnected the device from the power supply again and reconnected it. It remains at 15.0 degrees.

Is this normal?

Best regards

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

It is measuring the battery temperature not the air temperature and the battery will be much slower to respond than the air temperature. Check by removing it from the battery so it is in the air and see if it them changes temperature, or blow on it to see if it warms up or hold an ice cube on it. If it does not respond then it is broken so take it up with you supplier.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual