question

genesis1992 avatar image
genesis1992 asked

Transfer time under load

Hello!

I’m running a threephase off grid setup with multi 15000, BYD lvs (6 towers x 4 modules), parallel 95mm2 about two meters length to lynx, and about 4 meters of 70mm2 from lynx to the batteries.

When I test run the system under load (~30kw) and I disconnect the “generator” (actually the grid now as we’re still in commissioning) I find the transfer time unusually long. It’s barely noticeable, but it makes an air conditioning unit we’ve got connected restart for example.

I haven’t had any issues with the UPS function on multi 3000/5000 when jumping from grid to inverter (routers, PC:s etc not restarting)

Is this considered normal when the system is under load?

The load will run primarily on PV on ac out when in use, but I’m not happy about it cutting out when the generator stops.

Thank you!

Multiplus-IIoffgridups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Genesis1992

It may be the brownout before blackout that is causing issues as the power from the generator drops off.

Try raising the cut off voltages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources