question

samuel-lehmann avatar image
samuel-lehmann asked

CAN BMS DalyBMS (10x interface board WNT) and Cerbo GX - software bug?

I have connected one Daly BMS over their interface board (WNT) to the VE. BMS CAN.
Works fine, only charging/discharging is exchanged.

If I connect more than one device, the first two minute it works fine and switch the BMS boards. SOC and voltage are correct. The current change from positive to negative. After two minutes, the values don't change anymore.

After disconnecting the cable for 5 seconds and connecting again, it works fine for the next two minutes.
BMS CAN communication TX/RX is counting up every second and there are no protocol errors.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Samuel Lehmann

If you are running the newer CCGX firmware then I am not surprised. The CCGX barely has the resources to run the OS. And is the reason why they are being phased out. If you look at the memory available you will see.

Look at the Cerbo S if budget it tight but you will need to replace the GX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

samuel-lehmann avatar image samuel-lehmann commented ·

I'm wrong, it's a Cerbo GX (full version).

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ samuel-lehmann commented ·
Are you daisy chaining them? Have you set a controlling BMS?
0 Likes 0 ·
samuel-lehmann avatar image
samuel-lehmann answered ·

Yes, daisy chaining. To verify, I set each battery to another SOC value (10%,20%,..,90%,100%). The SOC values jump on the same lithium instance in a random order. Voltage und cell values to the "SOC marked" battery are correct. But if I have more than one battery, after 2 minutes, it stops updating the values.

2 |3000