question

mattjackson86 avatar image
mattjackson86 asked

SmartShunt to monitor AC Charger/Converter

I have a SmartShunt on my battery monitoring charge and usage. I have an MPPT controller showing the charge from solar panels. I have added a second SmartShunt on the output of my Converter in my RV (takes AC power and produces up to 80 amps of DC to charge battery).

How do I get another panel in VRM showing this SmartShunt as an "AC Charger" so I can see the power it is producing just like I see the power produced from my MPPT controller? Right now when the charger/converter runs it just makes the "DC Power" load show a negative number and I'd like to see and track the charger on its own.

I have configured the second smart shunt as a DC monitor and set it as an "AC Charger". But nothing shows in VRM except under advanced mode where I can build my own chart.

VRMSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The dashboard on VRM is automated so you can not manually add items, you have to monitor them in the advanced page.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.