question

josecokem avatar image
josecokem asked

Cerbo GX + Carlo Meter with no multiplus II

Is possible to buy and just install the energy meter (two in fact, one for house "in and out AC energy" and the other to measure solar production from a micro-inverter) and Cerbo GX to monitor my house consumption and my solar production without purchasing multiplus II and batteries?

I do not have enough money until next year to purchase multiplus II and batteries, but would like to start installing the Victron ecosystem instead of spending money in other measuring hardware that I would need to resell when I will buy multiplus II next year. If is possible to measure only house in and out ac energy, with no solar power, is also ok for me, until I bought multiplus II at the end of the next year. Is also ok for me that there is a way to do this using NodeRed or Home Assistant in communication with cerbo gx and carlo meter.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mengineering avatar image
mengineering answered ·

Hi, I basically have the same question.

I am running a Cerbo GX and 3 energy meters (2 x ET340, 1 x EM24) on an electric boat. I have one energy meter to meter shore power, one to meter the charger consumption for my traction batteries and one to meter the onboard grid usage. I do not have use for a Multiplus in this installation.

VRM Portal does not show me the meter values at all, and on the GX Touch, I can only see the values when I go into the devices section, but am unable to see them on the front page or in any of the pages.

I would like to check the meter values from home. How do I do this without a Multiplus?

Thank you!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.