question

peterkulisek avatar image
peterkulisek asked

Multiplus II generator on ACin acting like charging but doesnt

Hello, please can somebody help me?

I have installed island system (without grid availible) with MPII 15000 (but using only for basic consumption in house, not large loads). I have connected 10kVa generator with autostart.

When I start the generator, the all system is acting like it is charging batteries (28,6kWh US5000) but it really doest charge not even 1% when generator runs for 20 minutes)

What I donr understand is, that DC charging current and AC-IN current are moving up and dow, AC is moving from 14 to 34A and DC is moving up and down ratio equal to AC. This happens in second intervals. It shows AC values for example 14, 22, 34, 21, 16 etc.

During this try of charging, loads on ACout1 were constat 1700W, so I dont undrestand why that pulsing of amps.

On VRM it shows that is charging battery, but it does not charge anything.

I have also installed MPPT 450/200, but I turned it off because I want to test charging batteries from generator.

I have one idea - should I have installed ESS assistant? Because it is not installed in MP.

Thank you a lot for every valuable advice

img-7572.jpeg

img-7583.jpeg

Multiplus-IIchargerGenerator
img-7572.jpeg (221.8 KiB)
img-7583.jpeg (229.9 KiB)
img-7584.jpeg (224.4 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterkulisek avatar image peterkulisek commented ·

I have set limit for AC-In current for 25A

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I've seen the same. SOC comes from the battery. I think it is slow to report.

0 Likes 0 ·
peterkulisek avatar image peterkulisek kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
You too see no increasing % when charging? But it doesnt increase after charging for 20 minutes, It shoult charge about 5%.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This was my system today, 4xUS5000. MPPT charger.

Couldn't watch it, but the screen took ages to reflect SOC changes. I did watch at 79%, but had to do other things. Seemed like nothing was happening, despite the reasonable current.

screenshot-2023-10-13-18-55-30-992-nlvictronenergy.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.