question

tyronep avatar image
tyronep asked

800a/hr system

1 x distributor.pdfHi

I am doing a 800a/hr system on a catamaran using 4 x victron 12v 200ah lithium batteries. I have changed the wiring diagram to be identical to my install. My questions

• Is it ok to connect straight to BMS like this. I have also fused at the 4x positive terminals with MBRF fuses so not to void warranty (I have wired it like this to save cost on 95mm tinned cable, instead of having 8 tails going to a distributor or power in)
  • Do I need to fuse each string and then a t type fuse or is one t type enough for victron warranty
  • Will the cerbo gx function normally without a multiplus or inverter charger. Also the shunt in the BMS will connect to the cerbo GX and give all nescescary details?

Thanks in advance

Lithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
please attach your schematic diagram?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@TyroneP Battery fusing according to the Smart Lithium Battery Manual.

parallel-batt-fusing.png

Not sure that it is a good idea to link both ignitions together to activate the Orion.

Is that ^ what you mean by, Check whether both ign feeds need to go to BMS & spare terminals.?

The Cerbo does not need an inverter/charger to work.

Check Wiring Unlimited. for details.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources