question

Ovidiu Stan avatar image
Ovidiu Stan asked

AC IN Current limiting bug in parallel installations

Hello people. A few months ago i discovered a a bug in limiting the input current to AC IN for Multis/Quattros, but ONLY IN PARALLEL SYSTEMS. If I only have 1 Multi/Quattro per phase, the limitation works perfectly, but when I have at least 2 inverters per phase (as is the case with one of my systems - 6 Quattros 15 000, three phase,  parallel, 2 Quattros per phase)  it no longer works as it should. More precise, if I set In Ve.Bus System Configurator, let's say, a limit of 35 amps for each inverter, that is 70 A per phase and after that I upload the configuration on the inverters, it works ok. If, however, I later need to increase or decrease the respective limit, let's say to 75 A per phase, the VeBus system, normally, as specified in the manual, should divide 75 A by 2 = 37.5A per inverter . But it only does this with the Master inverter, the slave still remains with the initial setting in VeConfigure, in this case, of 35 A. Because I make programming in Node-Red for these systems through which , in order to force the system to take current from the batteries, I set the limitations to AC IN dynamically, depending on the SoC: for example, up to 20%, let me accept a limit of, say, 70A per phase, and below 20%, let me increase limit to 100 A per phase, so that the batteries do not run out at night, this bug prevents me from doing this dynamic AC input limiting. I repeat, this works perfectly for simple single-phase and three-phase systems, but it does not work at all in parallel. I kept hoping that someone from Victron would discover this bug and solve it, but it didn't happen untill now, so maybe they will see this here or maybe someone here has found an workaround. I am also attaching a video/screenshot for better understanding.
Node-REDmultiplus in parallelbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

My system shows the same thing. The master always controls the slave. The value seen in the slave configuration current limit is meaningless in parallel configuration. Basically just a placeholder.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.