question

maxtorque2013 avatar image
maxtorque2013 asked

Raspberry Pi3 in web app blank for VRM?

Hi All,

I have a Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian OS that is doing home automation and i have a CerboGx sending my system data to the VRM. I can see my system data without any issue on a windows pc running chrome browser and on my phone (IOS) running the VRM app.

However, on my Pi3 i just get a completely blank web browser (Chromium or Firefox) page when i try to go to the VRM logon page? I don't want to swap to Venus OS as the PI3 is doing other stuff that is now all setup for running the Raspbian OS.

Is there something i'm doing wrong that is preventing those Raspbian webbrowsers from being able to display the VRM ??

Thanks!

VRMRaspberry Pivrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @MaxTorque2013

I not aware of any reason why you shouldnt be able to access vrm website via raspi browsers, what do the browser logs say in chrome on the raspi, might give you an idea as to why it's not loading. Assuming the usual clear cache etc hasnt resolved the issue?

Not the answer to your question but if the raspi is going to be used for home automation, if it's on the same network as the gx device, then mqtt might be a better route for you to get the data rather than via vrm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxtorque2013 avatar image
maxtorque2013 answered ·

I'll have a look at the chrome logs, cache should be clear as machine was recently cleaned / updated etc

Still just get a blank webpage

2 |3000