question

towatai avatar image
towatai asked

Constant random disappearance of my installed Victron devices (including error 67).

I operate since the beginning of the year a 24V Easysolar-II GX inverter including two self-built 230Ah batteries. As a BMS, a 150A Daly BMS is installed and connected via Serial Battery Driver and Battery Aggregator, which also works wonderfully. In addition, the system communicates via EM540 with the house. The EM540 is connected via CAT7 cable and a DSD TECH SH-U11F RS485 to USB converter. This also works perfectly. Additionally a SmartSolar 250/85 is connected to the system via CAN. The firmware installed is 3.10~21. Between battery and inverter is a Smartshunt 500A installed. All devices have the latest firmware on it. I check regularly. The GX is connected to the LAN via Ethernet and has a fixed IP. So much for the actual state.

The USB devices are all connected to a USB-HUB with additional power supply and between HUB and Easysolar a USB-isolator is installed.

I've been observing for a while now that every now and then one of the components is suddenly no longer there. Sometimes the Smartshunt is suddenly gone, then 1x-3x a month the EM540 is suddenly missing or one of the two charge controllers (internal and external) is suddenly no longer there (error 67). It helps mostly a reboot of the GX, sometimes, 2 or 3 reboots are necessary. The whole thing is VERY annoying and I'm slowly starting to develop an obsessive-compulsive disorder and constantly look at my smartphone ;-)

I'm slowly running out of ideas how to eliminate this irregular regular disappearance of the individual components once and for all. Maybe someone from Victron can tell me if it might even indicate a hardware problem with the Easysolar-II. I don't think that this behavior is normal and a misconfiguration on my part I would almost exclude... I have been searching various forums for too long and have tried everything possible. Accordingly, it is now time to ask you and maybe it helps.

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
peregrines avatar image
peregrines answered ·

Having the same issue here with Rpi4 and Venus OS. My 4 batteries keep disappearing and - especially annoying - my MPPT 450/100 sends error 67. I also have to reboot which is really annoying.
I tried 3 different USB hubs already and the problem has been better when I switched to an active hub - but it still persists :(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.