question

aguiloco avatar image
aguiloco asked

Broken inverter, Phoenix 24/1200, help needed

Hello, my inverter suddenly started giving an output of 300VAC, it burned out a couple of small appliances that were connected at the moment... It doesn't give any red alarm light, just the normal operation green LED.

It isn't under warranty and I work with electronics so I opened it to see what is going on.

The board has a burned capacitor and I cant see the value...

20220621-121421.jpg

I'm going to measure and replace any other damaged component that I can find, but I need to know the reference or value of that burned capacitor to start the shopping list.

Could anyone help me? It is very easy to open the top part of the inverter to chech it, just the top screws on the front and back. Maybe someone has a technical diagram or something.

I'm in a very tight spot right now and I must resolve this economically.

Thank you very much in advance.

Phoenix Inverter
20220621-121421.jpg (681.7 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@aguiloco

Are you sure that this capacitor is the reason for this 300VAC?

To me it looks like it is a victim of the high voltage that came from the inverter as it is at the AC output and is rated at 275V.

It is probably something like this one:

https://www.partco.fi/en/electronic-components/passives/capacitors/suppression-capacitors/15889-ha-1u5.html

Just pick one that is a same size and 275V. Capacitance will be close.

0 Likes 0 ·
aguiloco avatar image aguiloco marekp commented ·

Until I test the rest of the components I can´t be sure if the capacitor is the culprit or the victim, as you say most likely the problem came to the capacitor, but I need it anyway. I could pick a random value for it but I prefer to stick with the original if possible. If nobody can help me I'll have to test with wathever capacitor I estimate valid. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp aguiloco commented ·
@aguiloco

You can start testing without this capacitor.

This is just filtering cap.

Take it out and look for the reason for that high voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
aguiloco avatar image aguiloco marekp commented ·
That's true, I'll start the diagnostics, hope I can find the cause. Thank you very much.
0 Likes 0 ·
kovki avatar image kovki commented ·

Value of this capacitor is on the attached picture.20230206-215904.jpg20230206-220427.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
20230206-215904.jpg (722.8 KiB)
20230206-220427.jpg (771.7 KiB)
marekp avatar image marekp kovki commented ·
@kovki

680 nano Farads / 275V

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
utkan avatar image
utkan answered ·

aynı inverterden bende de var bana tam olarak gönderir yanlış mı? bankanın.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.