question

slavi avatar image
slavi asked

Phoenix 12/1200

Hello everyone, Just unpacked my new Phoenix inverter 12/1200 and realised, factory cables showing some wear and crimps been fitted with circle marks from batteries. Contacted the seller and he said, Victron test their products before send out warehouse. Could that be the case or the unit could be sold and returned (refurbished)? Thanks

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@Slavi

I took a closer look at the lugs of a MultiPlus Compact 12/1600 (brand new freshly delivered from Victron) today as I configured the unit for a customer. They looked exactly the same so I would say it is normal.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

slavi avatar image slavi commented ·
Thanks for the information, buddy! Does the original box has come sealed? Or there is no manufacturer seal whatsoever? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ slavi commented ·

Not sure about the box of the old Phoenix inverter but the box of the MultiPlus Compact is sealed with clear tape and big staples at the top. (But it is a completely different box)

images.jpeg

I think your box should have at least a piece of clear tape somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
images.jpeg (13.6 KiB)
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That's nonsense. Everything in a new product should be new and unused.
Interesting how you say that you can see marks from the battery connections? Battery cables are not supplied with new inverters, the installer is supposed to make up the cables custom to the install.

3 comments
2 |3000

4785a75d-f66e-4bf4-b63c-52548b89e1d3.jpegImage CaptionI think newest inverters comes with cables supplied from factory.

0 Likes 0 ·

image.jpgImage Caption

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (2.7 MiB)
image.jpg (2.7 MiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I guess he have an Phoenix Compact or one of the older ones without VE.Bus.

@Slavi I never noticed that but to be honest I never took such a close look at it. I just installed them.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

OK, those old models do have the cables fitted from the factory.
That is now a discontinued model, so quite old, but old models could be new from old stock maybe. That is definitely used, those marks on the battery terminals should not be there if the product was new.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for the info,mate! I’ll contact the seller and return this unit. Can’t take the risk with already fitted item. Could be damaged
0 Likes 0 ·
utkan avatar image
utkan answered ·

Mümkünse bana bu İnvertörün ana kart resmini gönderebilir misiniz?

2 |3000