question

-ed avatar image
-ed asked

VRM Data History Download

I'm not receiving the usual email that Victron sends with the link for requested history downloads. I normally request the two Excel versions from the VRM Advanced page, and do so monthly. I requested the data history twice yesterday, and once today, but am not receiving the emails for the data downloads. The normal message that pops-up that says it can take a while shows as usual, so it looks like the requests are being received by Victron, but it's been over 24 hours for yesterday's requests, and an hour for today's requests. I checked my junk folder in case Victron's replies went there, but not there. I know there was a data issue with the VRM last week, maybe this is related. Any news?

VRMvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello @-Ed- ,

Thank you for reporting!

We just rolled out a performance improvement that should allow you to download data for longer periods again.

Best regards,
Alex

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I raised this a few days ago as I had the exact same issue and @mvader (Victron Energy) said they would look into it. I solved it by downloading the dsta as r files of 7 or 8 days and collated them into one file. I have no idea if 7 or 8 days is the limits t before it had the problem, perhaps 10 / 11 days would work. See the end of the topic linked below.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/209545/vrm-portal-performance-issues-2023-06-01.html?childToView=210831#comment-210831

2 comments
2 |3000

-ed avatar image -ed commented ·
Hi @pwfarnell ,

thanks for your comments. The only options I see in the Advanced Download section are .xls and .csv type files… I just searched ”r files” as I didn’t know about them. Interesting, so you were able to download in small chunks. I didn’t think of smaller chunks as in the past was able to download 6 months. I’ll find out more about r. Thanks for the link to your post, it didn’t come up in my searches. Hope Victron can resolve their VRM challenges soon. VRM is such a great feature compared to the competition.

Regards,

Ed

0 Likes 0 ·
-ed avatar image -ed -ed commented ·

Hi @pwfarnell ,

Some feedback... the .csv format of the VRM Data History download works for a 30 day period. On opening the downloaded .csv file in Excel, there was a warning of possible data loss, however it looks complete.

Regards,

Ed

0 Likes 0 ·
-ed avatar image
-ed answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) & @Alex Imbrea (Victron Energy Staff)

I just downloaded the VRM data, and it works perfectly again.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ed

2 |3000

Related Resources