question

dart83 avatar image
dart83 asked

Location of shunt away from batteries

New to the forum. I recently purchased the BMV 712 for my camper and I am considering the best location for my shunt. I have two HD24-DP batteries wired in parallel. I don’t really have much room in my battery box for the shunt and I’d like it in a location that is waterproof. I have a small compartment in the front of the trailer near the battery compartment. I am considering running my negative from the battery to the shunt which is a distance of 6-7 feet. Would this be acceptable if I have the correct gauge of wire? Thanks in advance.

SmartShunt
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

I am considering running my negative from the battery to the shunt which is a distance of 6-7 feet.

And from there how long will be the wire to the busbar/inverter/whatever you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Yes. It will be fine. Just install in accordance with the wiring diagram using a longer cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dart83 avatar image
dart83 answered ·

Thank you!

2 |3000