question

Billy Newport avatar image
Billy Newport asked

2x multiplus 3kw connecting to single CCGX

I have a Victron system on my boat. I have 1.2kw of solar, 2 Victron multiplus 120/3kw inverter/chargers and a lithionics 1200ah lithium battery setup. My shore power (dual 30A) are connected to both multiplus. Only 1 multiplus is attached with VE bus to the ccgx. The other is basically unknown and manual. VRM Portal is working fine.

I would like to have both multiplus units connected to the CCGX. I only see the "house" side of my boat right now and the Air conditioner side (2nd non connected multiplus) isn't visible on CCGX or VRM.

I have a mix of genasun and victrom MPPT controllers (8 genasun, 2 Victron). My CCGX doesn't know anything about solar. I have 3 Victron battery monitors and shunts (solar, alternator, overall NET). Is there a way given I have a Victron shunt measuring solar for the CCGX to know that monitor is for solar?

Multiplus-IICCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Billy,

There are limitations with multiple MultiPlus's connected to a single GX device, when they are not programmed in a parallel or multiphase arrangement.

Please read this section of the GX manual for more information about how it is done and what to expect - Connecting Victron products

At this stage Victron BMV's and shunts can only be used as whole system NET state of charge readings, and cannot be set as solar or alternator production meters.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.