question

ron-bentham avatar image
ron-bentham asked

Victron Phoenix 12/2000 keeps cutting 230v off and back on again.

HI. I have a Victron Phoenix 12/2000 - older metal box design - It has been installed for a while, and works well under load. But I have just noticed that it keeps cutting out under no load. It switches 230v off for a few seconds about every 5 or 10 minutes.

Could this be something to do with eco mode? It is not set to eco mode on the switch.

All the dip switches are set to off. The unit is s/h to me - I have never had it connected to a PC.

Thanks in advance

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ron-bentham avatar image
ron-bentham answered ·

More information. This is a motorhome installation, and I have since found out that the fault only occurs when the Truma hot water boiler switches itself on - there is a loud click from the boiler, which is its solenoid valve opening, and at exactly the same time, the inverter cuts 230v, only for it to come back on about 15 seconds later.

Presumably this is due to a spike in voltage, or maybe a drop - I'm not technical enough to know.

System voltage is a steady 13.7, lithium batts, JBD BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ron-bentham avatar image
ron-bentham answered ·

Any ideas anybody? It's doing it under load now.

2 |3000