question

hydroghyl avatar image
hydroghyl asked

CERBO GX iOS Hotspot connection issue

I just installed a system, Multiplus II, two MPPT solar controllers, Orion 12V DC-DC charger, and Cerbo GX. The Victron Connect app on my iPhone 14 connects to all units via Bluetooth. The installer connected to the Cerbo GX vis his mobile hotspot. I have done this a couple of times, but it is not reliable. Certainly not enough to be my primary way to interface with this system. Sometimes the App will see the hotspot and sometimes not. Sometime when it sees the hotspot it will not connect. The installer’s phone (not iOS) seemed to connect reliably. I do not have a Touch GX. I don’t have another way to connect to the local control panel and manage the settings. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? Can I tether my iPhone/iPad to the CERBO using USB?

cerbo gxwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The app can only connect via Bluetooth and all that can do is change settings for networking.

It will redirect you to the local IP which requires a LAN/Wifi connection.

In the docs there is a “connecting to the GX” section.

It also shows how to use the built in AP in the GX.

Mobile hotspots are unreliable by their nature and the cerbo won’t always reconnect automatically.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources