question

hecclisa avatar image
hecclisa asked

Create a new counter on VRM installation dashboard

I am comming across with many offgrid systems where there is not a VICTRON charge controller. There is one from other manufacture, so when installing a CERBO to monitor and showing solar production, final customer can never know the full solar production.

It would be greatfull for final customer if INSTALLERS could create a dashboard to stimate the production of a NON VICTRON CHARGE CONTROLLER based in production of VICTRON CHARGE CONTROLLER.

If this already can be done, please tell me where to find the solution. Many thanks in advance.

monitoringdashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Hecclisa

The cheapest hardware fix would be a Smartshunt set as a charger rather than a battery monitor. Probably more accurate than the mppt itself.

For systems with no dc loads, enabling 'Has DC System' should work in a roughish (by subtraction) fashion, but will display as a negative load.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hecclisa avatar image
hecclisa answered ·

Hi @JohnC

Many thanks for your answer. It is a hardware solution, I like it!! It will definetelly be implemented. However, to be able of creating new counters or databoards with no extra cost for final customer, a software solution should be implemented.

I Hope VICTRON developers find this implementation interesting for future upgrating.

Once again, many thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic