question

mysik avatar image
mysik asked

VRM stats, Solar "To battery" graph

Hi,

Just checked my stats in VRM portal and on the dashboard in the "Solar" stats it is not showing energy going to the battery. My system is set up as bellow:

My Multiplus-II is using excessive solar power to charge batteries and that is working correctly, but in the stats everything has been counted as "Direct use" :

just a small 0.02kWh has been shown as "To battery" which is wrong. At the time when I took the screen shot, the battery has been charged from 84% to 100% and at the moment excessive solar power is going to the grid which looks like it's been calculated correctly. Any idea why is it not counting "To Battery" energy correctly???

VRMbatterysolar
remote-console.png (32.2 KiB)
solar.png (14.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Mysik

can you describe your system a bit better?

-on/off grid

-what components

-ESS? if so what mode

-what (kind of) batteries

-etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mysik avatar image
mysik answered ·

The problem has been solved and it is all working fine now. After Multiplus power cycle the portal started logging as expected.

2 |3000

para756 avatar image
para756 answered ·

Hi@All. I am experiencing a problem that began two days ago without any clear cause, despite the fact that everything was functioning properly beforehand. The setup involves a grid tie system that consists of a Grid <> MP II <> Load+PV. Everything is connected to a Cebro GX. MQTT meters were implemented for both the grid and solar using https://github.com/freakent/dbus-mqtt-devices. The meter values are correctly display in the Cebro GX UI. In addition, a Pylontech battery is connected through CAN. The ESS mode is currently set to Optimized (without Battery Life).

Both meters are shown correctly on the VRM device list. Any idea what it could be and what i could try? Do not want to restart the MP, ...

Regards Marco

1682150416103.png

1682150416103.png (7.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources