question

arne-ljones avatar image
arne-ljones asked

Victronconnect fails to display device information

When connecting to Cerbo from victronconnect app I get message «failed to connect to RPC broket error message R2». It happens from both iphone and ipad but not necessarily simultaneous. One device may have problem while the other not. I can remove the problem by closing all apps on the device or restart the iphone or ipad. I run victronconnect version 5.83

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Arne Ljones

This usually happens when accessing the GX using wifi (or ethernet) and you lose the WAN connection to VRM. This can be a fairly 'personal' thing to track down, but that's where I'd look. The Cerbo manual has quite a bit on setting up addressing, and might offer up some clues.

As well as RPC, you may also see dBUS and MQTT brokers pop up for the same reason. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I suspect you'll need to delve a bit to find the cause/cure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources