question

chrey avatar image
chrey asked

Blue Smart IP22 - Charging two batteries with separate stages?

Hi all,

I am considerding buying a Blue Smart IP22 charger with 3 outputs. I want to connect my starter battery and my consumer battery.

I am aware that the Blue Smart can only provide the same charge algorithm to both batteries, since it is only a single charger with three outputs. Therefore, the battery types must be the same.
However, I wonder how it works when the batteries have different states of charges. I.e. when the starter battery is almost full and should only receive float charge, while the consumer battery is empty and should be in the bulk phase.

=> Is the Blue Smart able to charge two batteries with different stages, or will it always apply the same stage to both? Or is it even connecting the batteries in parallel so they will equalize their SoC?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Chrey

battery chargingbluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Yes. It's designed for this. The lower voltage of the discharged battery will cause it to draw more of the charger output.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.