question

muis avatar image
muis asked

Victron MultiPlus stays off

I have a Victron MultiPlus 12/1600/70, which doesn't work anymore after this winter. After measuring it seems there is nothing wrong with the 220v wall power that goes to the device, but it just doesn't turn on (no LEDs burning).

Could the reason be that my accu's are fully empty? Or should the device always turn on when connected to the 220v power, even when the accu's are broken/empty?

Because since it is also responsible for charging the accu's, it doesn't seem logical that it doesn't work with empty accu's.

So in case the state of the accu's have nothing to do with it, what else could be responsible for the device to stay off?

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

If your battery are fully flat then this would be the cause. try connecting to a diferant battery, or at least put a volt meter on the battery and check

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

I could connect my multiplus to grid 220v as Victron does in their demo videos without battery/solar etc. and configure it. Maybe worth trying without a battery?

0 Likes 0 ·