question

whitfield-athey avatar image
whitfield-athey asked

Quattro remote required to see the option to adjust charging amps on VRM portal?

friend's phone app with similar installation (his has a physical remote)img-20221104-wa0004.jpg

My installation without the physical remote.

screenshot-2022-11-04-14-47-35-77-40deb401b9ffe8e1.jpgHi, I have a Quattro and a Cerbo. I would like to adjust the charging amperage from the VRM portal or phone app. On a friends installation this option is in top right of the VRM dashboard. It is also available in the general tab between the real time update toggle and set avatar controls. Do I have to have the physical remote control with the charge amp dial to see this in the app or can I set the dip switch to allow remote and see it in the app? I guess what I'm asking is the remote itself what he is seeing in the VRM portal, not a config on the quattro?

Firmware on Quattro is 458 (latest)

Firmware on Cerbo is 2.92 (latest)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Whitfield Athey

You will only see the controls if you have realtime connection to the GX. On yours it shows last seen 7 minutes ago. So will have disappeared as an option.

Do you have overide by remote enabled in victron connect on the input limits?

Also the latest firmware on the devices.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

whitfield-athey avatar image whitfield-athey commented ·

I can set the input amperage for AC1/2 in the touch screen so I assume that setting is correct but I am trying to set the output amperage of the charger (0>220). If I am dongled in via Mk3 I can adjust this but I would like to find a way through the app as I have seen others do it instead of jacking into my netowork with my laptop and connecting to change the setting.

Thank you though for thinking through this to help me out.

Firmware on Quattro is 458 (latest)

Firmware on Cerbo is 2.92 (latest)

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Whitfield Athey

Might be a typo, but v498 should be the latest fw for your Quattro.

I haven't seen what you're seeking, so can't help much, but it may be related to some other feature being enabled, like DVCC or even ESS.

If you have easy Remote Console access this adjustment could be made via DVCC..

1667619939105.png

1667619939105.png (17.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

whitfield-athey avatar image whitfield-athey commented ·
The DVCC is turned off on our installation and on the other installation referenced in this thread. Neother of our Lithium batteries support CAN-BUS. This ability to limit max charge current via the DVCC is to manage to battery specs, although it does also cover the quattro's charger its not the same as adjusting the charging rate of the quattro when connected to AC power. Thank you though for pointing out this possibility.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ whitfield-athey commented ·
@Whitfield Athey

Agreed DVCC is all-encompassing. Another option might be the Charge Current Control Assistant to automate something you're doing regularly. But we don't know what you're trying to do.

Sorry I can't help with the VRM thing, but that's relatively new and I haven't seen any discussion on that part of it.

0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

On VRM, Settings > General you will see 2 slider switches

Realtime updates

Inverter/Charger Control

....they both need to be toggled ON ?

2 |3000