question

Jeffrey Wheeler avatar image
Jeffrey Wheeler asked

Replace Cruising Equipment MKBS500-50-x2

Hello. New here from the USA. Just purchased a 20 year old sailboat with an Outback power inverter and charge controller paired with a battery bank consisting of four Lifeline 210 AGM batteries in parallel. The house bank is wired a little bit different for me in that the negative connection from the first and the last battery are going to the same lug on a 4 lug Cruising Equipment shunt which I would like to replace with a Victron smart shunt or Lynx Shunt. I assume one of the negative connections would be deleted in this process but I cannot find any manuals for the Cruising Equipment shunt to figure out why it is wired the way it is. I really do not like the Outback Power Mate display and want to eventually go with the Cerbo and 5" display. Any info appreciated please.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It's a but difficult to answer without knowing those existing products.
There could be a number of reasons why the battery bank would be wired that way. Do you know how the positive connections are wired.
If you have pictures available then perhaps things would be easier to follow.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.