question

nevller avatar image
nevller asked

Charging current via Modbus

Hello

Not using DVCC nor ESS, how can the DC charging current of a Multiplus be adjusted via Modbus ? Seems like there's no option to accomplish this other than by using VEConfigure or VictronConnect.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gx
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

netrange avatar image netrange commented ·
Only possible with Assistant and Digital Input/Temp.sensor from the Multi and an external Contact switchable with modbus .
0 Likes 0 ·
nevller avatar image nevller netrange commented ·

Why such oversight ? This seems lilke a no-brainer to implement ... Why is it not a writeable modbus register if it can be set through VEConfigure/VictronConnect ?

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange nevller commented ·

There is no direct Modbus Register or Access to the Chargecurrent from the Multi or the Mppt's ...

But many many Threads in this Forum about these Problem ...and some (indirect) Solutions ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
nevller avatar image nevller netrange commented ·
I'm starting to believe the best solution would be to buy from a different manufacturer altogether
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you enabled DVCC you could set the system charge limit, and it can be changed via node red.

screenshot-2022-08-22-at-110830.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nevller avatar image
nevller answered ·

If I set DVCC current, then this influences not only the Multiplus charging current, but also the MPPT current (which I don't want)

If I set to inverter only, then the Multiplus doesn't do passthu.

How can the charging current of the Multiplus only be set without setting the MPPT current as well ?

2 |3000