question

kiwisolarfuture avatar image
kiwisolarfuture asked

VictronConnect app for Windows won't install

Hi there,

I had an old version of VictronConnect installed on my Windows 10 PC, which I hadn't used for a while. When I started it up today it did an automatic update. However, after the update an error message popped up and VC wouldn't start up.

I uninstalled the VC program and tried to re-install it again. Then this message came up:

victronconnect.jpg

Anyone any idea what "code 5" is and how to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

VictronConnect
victronconnect.jpg (14.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kiwisolarfuture

Uninstall it and redownload a new installer?

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

It seems like windows got in a mix there. Right click installer and run as admin.

Sometimes it is an antivirus program being overly agressive.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kiwisolarfuture avatar image
kiwisolarfuture answered ·

Thanks Alexandra all that but still doesn't work. Same error box comes up every time.

Anti-virus is also not indicating it has picked it up as a threat.

I wonder if anyone knows what this "code 5" means and whether that would give me a bit more of a clue?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

It is a windows error messagesso not related to the Victron Software

screenshot-20220703-114725.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Right click and choose to "run as admin".

If that fails, make sure your account has been configured as local admin in user settings.

Or, toss it in the bin and get a mac instead :)

2 |3000

Related Resources