question

twtch76 avatar image
twtch76 asked

Cerbo GX off grid usage

I have a 50 amp RV that I put a Victron Multiplus II 2x120, MPPT 150/100 with 1200 watts of panels in series, and a Cerbo GX with DVCC setup. Now because I have the Cerbo installed, my bluetooth view of the Multiplus is devoid of any useful information. This is fine while it is sitting in my garage attached to my home wifi and I can use the VRM to view what is going on. My issue is when i am not at home, driving down the road or in an off grid situation (which is a lot of the time). Is there no way to use Bluetooth to get a system view of what is going on in that circumstance? When I bluetooth to the Multiplus it shows me nothing because it is hooked up to the Cerbo GX, when I bluetooth to the Cerbo GX I get a very unsatisfying view of nothing except wifi settings that do me no good at that moment. Why doesn't the cerbo gx bluetooth expose a way to view the remote console? Or does it and I somehow have it misconfigured?

cerbo gxoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@twtch76 Moved to the normal Q &A.

Just connect to the wifi AP of the Cerbo.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Just in case you are not aware of this option: if the additional cost (not cheap) is not an issue, for your case the Cerbo GX external display would be the perfect solution.

2 |3000