question

randallemarshall avatar image
randallemarshall asked

Smartshunt state of charge, consumed ah, and time remaining all say "--"

I put together my system over the last few days. It has a Multiplus 2, SmartSolar MPPT, Cerbo GX, Smartshunt, and a 48v LiFePO4 battery. This evening I noticed the Smartshunt state of charge, consumed ah, and time remaining all say "--." This afternoon it was at 100% before I left for a few hours. My PV was supplying more power than I am using.

What would cause the Smartshunt to lose the measurement? I can sync at 100% again tomorrow when the sun is out. I did change some charge settings this afternoon but that was before sundown. Any thoughts? Thank you.

screenshot-20220610-203302.png

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

What settings did you change? These are all values that can only be calculated once the shunt knows it has a full battery. Chances are it will show these values automatically after it recognises the battery is full. If you manually synch to 100%, the values will be reported, but won't be correct.

Maybe post a screen shot of your settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

randallemarshall avatar image randallemarshall commented ·

I believe it was tail current and efficiency factor but there may have been more. I will wait until the charger goes into float mode before syncing to 100%.

screenshot-20220611-061739.png

0 Likes 0 ·
randallemarshall avatar image
randallemarshall answered ·

I waited until my battery read 100% state of charge and the solar charge controller was on float mode. Unfortunately the shunt did not update with the state of charge. I synchronized it to 100% and I'll watch it to see if the data disappears again.

2 |3000