question

libera avatar image
libera asked

BMS 12/200 power loss at full load

how big is the power loss at full load with 200A for the bms12/200? Or what is the internal resistance at full load?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
libera avatar image
libera answered ·

Hello, it is a pity that unanswered questions in this forum are not answered by the forum manager.

I recently installed my new inverter and measured the values myself. All measured values were recorded with professional equipment. However, I cannot measure the full currents because neither my charger nor my inverter reaches these currents.

Charging:

56,5A: Powerloss BMS complete: 3,85W (BMS 2,55W, 200A Fuse 1,30W)

Unloading:

116,7A: Powerloss BMS complete: 16,91W (BMS 11,09W, 200A Fuse 5,82W)

That is not so bad! I unloaded aprox. 4 Minutes, within that time the powerloss increases only a little bit. The BMS warmed a bit up, but not much. With 200Amps I would say, the powerloss and warming up of the FET inside the BMS gets too high. But, than it would be better to bypass the BMS and switch the Inverter directly. In my case, I do not use a Victron Inverter, because for me the unit from victron is too big and too heavy. And my Inverter has not an Input to switch it from a BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.