question

antonin avatar image
antonin asked

multiple device connection problem

Hi All,

I have 2 victron device on my sailboat, an MPPT 50/100 and a victron BMV 712 batteries monitor.

When I use the victron connect application on my Iphone, I see the 2 devices via Bluetooth but I can connect to only one of them.

If I ask to forget one device, then I can connect to the other one.

Thus, I can access both device via my app, but only when the other device one is forgotten!?

Regards,

Antonin

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

This is not expected and/or normal behavior.

What happens when you try to connect to the second device without forgetting the first?

Can you perhaps make a service log of trying to connect to both devices other without "forgetting" a device in between? The procedure to make a service log is described here https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report and please attach that service report to a comment or answer in this thread.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

antonin avatar image
antonin answered ·

Hi Thiemo

When I try to connect the second device without forgetting the first, the device try to pair by bluetooth ask me the code and I enter the 000000 default and the pairing is impossible.

please see service report:

VictronConnect_report.log

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If you have set a PIN for either device, use that in stead of 000000. The prompt is misleading until you realize it’s asking for a previously set PIN but also indicating what the default PIN is.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Antonin

This is certainly behavior that I have not seen before. What you can try is the following:

1. Forget any victron device in the bluetooth settings
  2. Restart the phone
  3. Reset the pin code of both devices in VictronConnect (https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN)
  4. Try to connect to the SmartBMV using pincode 000000
  5. Change the pincode to something else when prompted to do so by VictronConnect
  6. Try to connect to the SmartSolar using pincode 000000
  7. Change the pincode to something else when prompted to do so by VictronConnect

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

antonin avatar image
antonin answered ·

Hi Thiemo

This procedure work

Thanks for your help!

Antonin

2 |3000

Related Resources