question

roberthf avatar image
roberthf asked

Victron 12/12/30 draining leasure battery

10f4507a-6686-4e06-a301-f56bce84d4ab.jpegBrand new Adamo Baileys Motorhome . I Connected Victron 12/13/30 DC+Dc red cable to cab battery + then connect it to to input on Victron unit ….black negative - to input on Victron unit . Then connect red cable output to leisure battery and then connect black cable to leisure battery

However when I start engine it jumps up to 14.4 ( smart alternator then settled around 12.6. My question is why does it drain my leisure battery when the engine is switched on. In the space of three minutes it went from 13.3 .13.2.13.1.13.0 then 12.9. I have a truma dual solar controller.

Go easy on me . Spend all day looking scratching my head on this. Thanks you for any assistance

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Cab battery is the existing one charged from the alternator?

Please post a screen shot of the victron connect page showing all the voltages. Also your charger settings.

But it cannot such current from the output side, so possibly a wiring fault.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic