question

markj avatar image
markj asked

Connect version 5.59 bluetooth issues

VictronConnect_report.logI see that my Connect app has upgraded itself to version 5.59, released on 4 April.

I know it was working fine because I used it on 3 April, presumably on the old version.

But I had to reset my phone this week for various reasons, so expected to have to pair again with my MPPT, Orion and Shunt but the pairing fails (invalid PIN). I've tried a clean install of Connect on other IOS and Android devices and get the same result.

I've power cycled the MPPT and Orion but no change.

I'm using the default PIN of 000000

Any ideas???

I wonder if 5.59 has some Bluetooth issues?

Connect service report attached

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markj avatar image
markj answered ·

Thanks, but done everything suggested in 11.1 and 11.2 and not working. And bear in mind I’ve tried with two clean instals on new devices as well, both IOS and Android

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
the last time I had a problem with VC and device, I swore it was a Victron problem.

I watched the video/animation and deleted/unremembered/deleted the offending device from the phones bluetooth "previously connected devices menu" (????) and was then able to reconnect.

Dont forget your PIN.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @MarkJ

Did you change the PIN code on the products in the past? Then you should use that PIN. When you never changed the PIN code, it should connect using the default PIN code "000000". When this does not work, please try to reset the PIN code using the PUK code. The procedure is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN. After this, you should be able to connect using the default PIN code "000000".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

markj avatar image
markj answered ·

Hi @Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I think I'll have to find the PUK codes and reset the PINs.

It is confusing: I found an old tablet I'd used when I set the devices up and that would connect fine to 2 out of the 3. The third I got working by resetting with the PUK code.

I'll happily says it's "user error" on my part but I don't understand why I can get some to work and not others!

I'll reset with PUKs to a new PIN and make all new BT connections I think just to be safe.

Regards

Mark

2 |3000

Related Resources