question

colin-foster avatar image
colin-foster asked

Connect 5.56 will not save file

Connect 5.56 will not save setup file. File save dialog box opens file name, folder are entered and save clicked but the file does not appear in the folder. Also trying to load file fails to find any files. Using windows pc MK3 and multiplusII.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Windows.... the file probably got saved in a parallel folder with the same name. Try to find using explorer from the root of C, make a note of the full path if you find the file.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colin-foster avatar image colin-foster commented ·

Thanks for getting back to me.

Indeed a search did find a file however the file is just a shortcut to the required file, clicking the short cut returns "The item qwe321.vcsf that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this short cut will nolonger work properly".

If I save from a demo file the file is saved as expected and this is reported with the messagesaved.jpg

Which I don't get when saving from the multplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
saved.jpg (21.2 KiB)
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Did saving settings worked in previous VictronConnect versions?

Please, let us know the exact MultiPlus-II model you are using.

2 |3000

colin-foster answered ·

Have not use a previous version.

MultiPlus-11 24/5000/120-50
Product ID 2615
Firmware 490
MK3 1170212

2 |3000

colin-foster answered ·

Update

Because I wanted to save setting I reprogramed using Configure that was 2 weeks ago. As to day we have rain I desided to see if there was a way to save from Connect. So loaded setting using Connect but did not make any changes. The setting saved no problem.

2 |3000

Related Resources