question

vtcamper avatar image
vtcamper asked

Is the VictronConnect app limited to 2 hours of trend data ?

In recent betas of the mac and android app the Trends page would show days worth of historical data but I've noticed today that both the mac app and android app will only show the last 2 hours.

Is there a way to see a longer period of history ?

Only being able to see the last 2 hours is limiting. I'd rather be able to see a couple of days worth of data to be able to see trends in solar input and power consumption.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What log interval have you setup?

This feature uses memory that is already available in BT controller and this memory is limited.
Currently you can get around 46 days of history with a 30min log interval.
With a shorter interval you will get less days or only a few hours.

I guess future products will get extra memory for longer history.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vtcamper avatar image
vtcamper answered ·

Matthias - i don't believe i've changed the log interval between updates to the app. The 2hr limit appears to be the UI - if you hit the (-) button to zoom out you get - 5min - 10min - 15 - 30 - 1hr - 2hr. Previously i thought it went to 12hr , 24hr and further. Even at 2hrs, i can't scroll back in time beyond 2 hours ago.

Where is the setting for controlling the log interval ?

Also looking at the data being displayed, looks like the app is retrieving no trends data from the BMV at all. The history data looks like it does reflect events over the last 2 months.

(edit: also noticed that the 2hr zoom limit exists in the 'demo library', checked that the firmware is up to date)

(2nd edit: found a 5.48beta installer - it supports zooming out beyond 2hrs as far as 30 days - so it looks like 5.49 dropped support for zooming out that far).

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The trend feature from the beta is not jet implemented in the official release version.

Look in the changelogs.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

0 Likes 0 ·
vtcamper avatar image
vtcamper answered ·

after a little switching between 5.49 and 5.48beta - 5.49's window is limited to 2 hours and doesn't appear to ever retrieve the trend data, 5.48beta lets me zoom out to a 30 day window and does show trend data. First screencap below is from 5.49 - the zoom-out button is greyed out and there's no data beyond about 10 minutes ago. Second screenshot is from 5.48 beta, showing 5 hours + trend.

1635726565582.png

1635726870032.png

1635726565582.png (105.4 KiB)
1635726870032.png (104.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources