question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

HEADS UP: Venus OS v2.73~1 will soon be available for testing

Hello all,

We’re preparing a v2.73~1, which will probably become available for field testing as a Release candidate tomorrow.

For those currently running a v2.80 test version, and having auto update enabled, it means their system will “update” to v2.73~1 automatically - ofcourse.

Which for most systems is fine, and exactly what we want: to field test the v2.73 before releasing it.

But those of you running custom code and scripts, consider disabling the auto updates: going to v2.73 means back to a writable rootfs, and as such as missing script that makes the readonly one writable. As well as back to python 2.7.

If all goes well, we’ll release v2.73 official somewhere next week and will quickly there-after put a v2.80 beta back into the candidate feed.

all the best! Matthijs

ps. in case you’re new to the Modifications section, and don’t know what all this is about, then please read here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/98618/venus-os-v28013-available-for-testing.html

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

For what it's worth, all of my UI mods should install fine if your system "updates" from v.280~something to v2.73~1. I have checked the development feed and my existing packages support v2.73~1

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

oh thats great, I'll correct my text then!

0 Likes 0 ·
nighteagle avatar image
nighteagle answered ·

Is there same Translations-Problems like the 2.72 for the Fuel-Tanks? Looked like is the same...

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, those are not part of v2.73; they'll be fixed in v2.80.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources