question

Jay Kote avatar image
Jay Kote asked

Color Monitor For Maximum number of MPPTs, BVM, Multiplus

I have system with 4 MPPTs, 1 Multiplus, 1 BVM, and 24V-12V DC-DC. I need guidance to ensure that Color Monitor has enough input ports to connect all these devices?

Also, are there any special tricks, extra parts?

Also the devices will all have to be hardwired. Will I need a RJ-45 Bus Box?

CCGX Color Controlmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes you can connect these products.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start

If the MPPT's are VE.direct versions (not VE.CAN) you'll need an usb-hub to connect more than 4 vw.direct devices directly.

you can wire 2 ve.direct products to the ve.direct ports, the rest you need to wire with ve.direct to USB cables.

It's all in the manual...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

4x MPPT's, 1x BMV means 5x VE.Direct devices.
You can connect 2x VE.Direct devices natively to the CCGX with a simple VE.Direct cables. The other 3x VE.Direct devices will need to be connected via USB via VE.Direct - USB cables. There are only two USB ports on the CCGX, so you'll need to use a good USB hub to increase the number of available USB ports.
MultiPlus can connect directly to the CCGX with a standard UTP network cable.
DC-DC converter has no communication port, so it will not connect to CCGX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Jay Kote avatar image Jay Kote commented ·

I gather the MPPTs don't have USB (shame). So you are saying get 3 USB-VE.direct. Take 3 and plug into good quality hub. Connect one USB wire to the CCGX? What USB-Hub would you recommend.

I'm thinking for simplicity use 4 VE-USB to HUB. Take 1 USB and connect to CCGX. This means I only have to have 1 long USB line.

Then connect the BVM and Inverter as usual???

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ Jay Kote commented ·

Regarding USB Hub. See here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/6831/view.html

Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page