question

benc987 avatar image
benc987 asked

Solar not charging or receiving voltage

Hello,

I’m having an issue with my solar charger it’s a 100/50 mppt. I have checked all wiring including reversing the plus and negative solar into the mppt, I have removed the isolator switch and connected directly, I have checked all wiring connectors, I have checked all fuses etc yet still nothing. I understand it’s not been the sunniest days but surely it should read something. Also my pannels are 175w x 3 connected in series. The unit is on by the way and I can connect to it by Bluetooth. Any other thoughts? I’d there a setting somewhere that’s easy to miss as I am sure I have it set correctly.

battery chargingMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Connecting the battery in reverse can have blown a internal fuse that is not changeable by the end user.

Make some screenshots of VictronConnect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

benc987 avatar image benc987 commented ·
Sorry just to clarify, It’s plus and negative from the pannels which Iv swapped around not from the battery.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic