question

ktillman79 avatar image
ktillman79 asked

Mppt 100/20. Not registering solar.

I'm trying connect my 260ah AGM battery and 320w solar panel to my mppt 100/20. It registers the battery but I have 0w and 0v from the solar. I've triple checked the wires are connected properly and the right way round. I've checked the fuse and I've checked the wiring using a multi meter and there is power coming from the panel but the controller still isn't recognising it.

I'm aware it needs +5v above battery voltage to charge but I'd have through midday on a sunny day it would produce that easily.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone got any thing else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingMPPT SmartSolarsolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
launacorp avatar image
launacorp answered ·

So you checked the PV wires with a Multimeter disconnected from the MPPT? Whats the Voltage then?

If u then connect the pv wires to the terminals an measure the voltage then with the Multimeter in the terminals, what's the voltage then?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

astrungis avatar image
astrungis answered ·

Me too! I bought a 2021 Coachmen Sportscoach. I believe Jaboni set up the solar system (100W s. panel on the roof and charge controller in the basement near the batteries). Question: Why isn't the solar panel registering on the charge controller? I took the two + - leads off the controller and receive 19.2 V on my multimeter. Yet when connected, it doesn't show the solar and thus not charging the house batteries.

2 comments
2 |3000

rfj avatar image rfj commented ·
same here what? I have to constantly reset the controller with 30 amp circiut breaker swiches installed separate ones to battey out & solar panel input. I got it to work by redoing the wire connections even though they were right. I only got it to float once! They now work for a couple days then shut down again. Shows proper battey voltage & no current.

any thoughts here , frustrating.

thks

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ rfj commented ·
Please get your dealer to check the unit
0 Likes 0 ·
astrungis avatar image
astrungis answered ·

Victron PWM 10A Solar charge controller

2 |3000